Libya: Pro-Haftar militias violate ceasefire
Militias aligned with warlord Khalifa Haftar have violated a recently declared ceasefire, according to the Libyan army.
“The terrorist al Karama gangs and the Russian Wagner group affiliated with them attempted to target our valiant forces with more than 12 Grad missiles,” the government said in a statement on Facebook on Thursday.
The army said it was “a clear breach of the cease-fire agreement that was announced last Friday,” stressing that “the operation of Sirte and Jufra will not hesitate to respond to these actions, as approved by the field operations.”
Earlier on Thursday, the Libyan government warned Haftar against continuing attacks and crimes in the cities of Sirte, in the north of the country and Taraghin in its central region.