The Saudi-led international coalition declared Tuesday the end of its military campaign four weeks after launching airstrikes on the Houthi positions in Yemen, saying the militia’s threat to the Kingdom and its neighbors had been neutralized.
The coalition has “ended Operation Decisive Storm based on a request by the Yemeni government and President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi,” said its spokesman, Brig. Gen. Ahmad Al-Assiri.
However, he said the coalition would continue to impose a naval blockade on Yemen and target any movements by the Houthi forces.
A coalition statement said that the next phase of campaign titled “Operation Restoring Hope” was aimed at resuming the political process in Yemen, delivering aid and fighting terrorism in the country.